The Conversation for Reengineering the University
Interim President Abdallah is working to begin the conversation for reengineering the university, in response to demographic trends and shifts, socioeconomic forces, the changing nature of students and their educational needs, and advances in the the science of learning and teaching. To begin this conversation, he presented to the UNM Executive Cabinet in June 2017 and subsequently held a senior administrative leadership retreat in July 2017, where challenges and opportunities were discussed.
In the coming months, he will widen this conversation to faculty, staff and students, during various meetings and town halls.
This page will be a place where updates and associated documents will be posted.
Presentation to Executive Cabinet - June 2017
Leadership Retreat - July 2017
- Leadership Retreat Summary - Notes
- Main Campus Presentations
- HSC Presentations
Presentations to Campus Groups
- Faculty Senate - August 22, 2017
- Main Campus Town Hall - September 7, 2017
- HSC Town Hall - September 11, 2017
- Staff Council - September 19, 2017
- HSC Faculty Senate - Septembe 21, 2017
- Dean's Council - September 21, 2017
- HSC Chairs Committee - October 4, 2017
- ASUNM - TBD
- GPSA - TBD
Please check back often for updates and information.
President Abdallah welcomes your suggestions! Please submit questions and feedback to email@example.com.